Friday 16 April 2021

Necessary personal values when working in teams

Working in a professional IN role, there are some values that you should have and demonstrate to your organisation. In this post, I will give you crucial values and how I demonstrated to Navitas Professional Service that I have worked for 6 months. Let’s go!


Deliver Promises
This value is not generated by your words; it is what you have done to what you committed. The value presents not only to customers but also works on your commitments with your department, organisation. It includes tasks done on time, what satisfied customers correctly, what completed as expected, especially how it has done with your endeavour. Within my IT department, I always complete tasks allocated on time, keep my promises and commitments to my colleagues and managers, customers. Because of delivering promises, I now have a good relationship with all colleagues. 

Clear Communication
Working in a multi-cultural company, there may occur misunderstandings during communication because of the cultural differences of employees. Thus, a clear way of communication is the first right thing that you have to adopt. To understand how you should speak, act clearly, research on your colleagues’ and managers’ cultures plays a significant role that helps you to avoid unexpected conflicts at work. As I have worked for my current organisation since last year, I have done much in researching and understanding my team members’ cultures in both verbal and non-verbal communication, such as eye contact, hands gestures. As a result, I always to a clear way to communicate with my colleagues to avoid misunderstanding that can cause conflicts.

Innovate
The development of technology has significantly changed people life in all aspects, such as education, business, entertainment, etc. How to keep up-to-date things and integrate them at work is more important than ever. Thus, innovation must be displayed in the way you work and the tools you are using to achieve the organisation’s goals. Working as a Web developer, I always update new technologies, learn more modern programming languages that support me in web development and design, such as Python, React Native. Also, providing new ideas and creating new products is what I have done during working at Navitas. 

Embrace Change
Most people scare changes for many reasons, such as lack of knowledge, lack of experience, or even laziness, satisfied with the current situations. However, the world is changing day by day, and if we keep stable our status, it means that we are backward. We should always be ready to take opportunities for changes and development. The only way to develop is to solve and overcome the problems and embrace the changes. In my current situation at work, I am aware of changes that will improve my skills and experience. I accept and go along with the changes by learning and experiencing new technologies and cutting-edge programming languages. 

Respect
Respect is a meaningful feature that helps you can overcome most barriers in communicating and accomplish personal and organisational goals. Respecting people also means that respect you. Therefore, you should always remember that the way you act and treat people is also what you will get from them. I am a humble person when communicating. I respect all my colleagues and upper leaders in not only their personalities but also their cultures. Consequently, I get the same from my team members and the manager. 

Collaborate
If you work within a team, you should be a good team player. To do that, you have to understand the power of collaboration. If you want to go faster, you should go alone. In contrast, if you want to go further, we should go together. An organisation always wants to develop sustainably; thus, it needs people who have good collaboration skill to contribute to its development. At my work, I always present as a good player in the team when supporting, cooperating and working with members effectively and efficiently. That is the only way for me to enhance myself and to build good relationships with my colleagues.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Training

Health and safety training is good for business. Providing health and safety training is good for business because: Health and safety traini...